A few days before 2014 dawned, I wrote a clever post about how I felt about new year resolutions. Overtime I have in a way become less ready to dismiss or accept just about anything.
I prefer to think of myself as someone who can give time to listen and understand.
So this tweet by Scott Berkun resonates well.
Funny how some folks criticize people for arbitrariness of resolutions on #NYE: but ALL measuring is arbitrary! Hours, minutes, birthdays… if you don't hinge life on an 'arbitrary' time delineator you'd go insane.
Just say: "Cool friend. Can I help with your goal?" or shut up.
— Scott Berkun (@berkun) January 1, 2018
So I do not care weather they are resolutions or new habits you decided randomly on 1st of January or the 1st of June. That is cool, you are trying to change something in your life. Let me know how I can help you out.
- Write at least a 100 odd posts here
- Learn to be calm, meditate and find stillness
- Take a holiday and travel
- Watch a Test match live again (hopefully Wankhede)
- If #2 works out, read atleast 50 odd books in the whole year
- Learn to play a musical instrument