I try to write a list of books I read throughout the year. 2020 has been a strange year, but I started to read a lot or so I thought. Slowly the sheer regularity of the days wore my reading habit down and I hardly read anything for several weeks on end at times. But I did manage to finish a dozen or so books. So here goes my list of books in 2020
The first two books I have linked to my own review.
- The Courtesan, the Mahatma and the Italian Brahmin: Tales from Indian History – Manu S. Pillai.
- Checklist Manifesto – Atul Gawande
- The Anarchy: The Relentless Rise of the East India Company – William Dalrymple
- Gita Press and the Making of Hindu India – Akshaya Mukul
- Asterix and Obelix – read the entire collection of these comics.
- Maharashtra Maximus – The state, its people and politics – Sujata Anandan
- Atomic Habits – James Clear
- Jadoowallahs, Jugglers and Jinns: A Magical History of India by John Zubrzycki
- The Inner Game of Tennis – Timothy Gallway
- The Greatest short stories by Leo Tolstoy
- The Economics of Inequality – Tomas Piketty
- Free Voice – Ravish Kumar
While I completed 12 books, I also have some that I am done halfway with. I am currently reading Antifragile by Nassim Nicholas Taleb and Age of Pandemics by Chinmay Tumbe.
My past lists
Leave a Reply