There is a lot of things I use daily. But here is a list of things I use for work mainly.
Why am I sharing this list to public?
Why not? We share random useless data like checking into coffee shops and cinema halls. This makes more sense to me. Mainly, it serves as a way for me to keep track of stuff I am using on a daily basis. More importantly people who may read this might recommend me better alternatives.
- WordPress (self hosted) – Mostly for this blog and work related blogging and some documentation.
- Gmail – Gmail on browser and Gmail app on phone for personal and work related emails.
- Digital Ocean – I host this site on a Digital Ocean droplet.
- EasyEngine – A CLI tool to help me with using WordPress on Nginx server on Ubuntu. But I am not really a IT Admin and not very proficient with EE.
- Github – using it for updating documentation at work. I am not a developer. I dont really use this extensively.
- Macbook Air – 13 inch screen, light weight, works great, has awesome battery life.
- Nexus 4 – Nice Android vanilla phone – runs Android 4.4
- Chrome – I have Firefox installed and Safari is obviously there but Chrome for the win (but I am getting a bit annoyed with its impact on battery life)
- Feedly – Using the Feedly mac app for following some good blogs usually from WordPress centric products and people.
- Twitter app for Mac – Works great at tracking 4-5 accounts. Since I do not need to heavily tweet for anyone of them, this suits me fine.
- Google Drive – Usuallly all my photos from the phone get backed up here automatically – also great for collaborative writing and planning. Use at work too.
- Dropbox – Stopped using it as much but still use it to backup .txt files where I often write a lot of stuff to remember
- Send Anywhere – Nice app to send files between my Nexus 4 and Mac
- Slack – Use for work mainly – also to hang around Make.WordPress community chats. Lately using it to organize WordCamp. Native app for Mac helps a lot.
- Skype – Not using it as much as before but still very very good for calls.
- Hangouts – Use rarely.
- Bufferapp – User bufferapp to schedule tweets automatically. Thought I use Buffer only for Twitter, it can be used with FB, Google+ pages and LinkedIn
- Skitch – Used extensively for screenshots on my computer.
- Simplenote – Nice note taking app. Not really using sync options but like using it for its labels and simplicity. Not too happy with Evernote and Google Keep.
- Atom – Use it to write in markdown – but really it does so much more.
- Pocket: Thanks to Kapil’s comment below, I realized I has skipped what I use for bookmarks. Its Pocket on PC and Phone along with Chrome’s Bookmark manager. (Added Later)
There are other obvious things I have not included. eg: Facebook.